Well, I just excavated the reason why I stopped working on this sweater in December 2009. Taking a foto this morning to show Proof of Progress, I noticed this:
On Sleeve One, there is Pickle where there should be Bark. I think when I discovered this, back in December 2009, it was the last straw. I wrote:
The ever-decreasing tube of inside-out two-handed knitting has become something akin to braiding cat’s hair, to aligning grains of rice end to end, to cutting the grass, blade by blade. BLEEHAGHGGGHGH! Fiddly fiddly FIDDLY! YIKES! Godalmighty! RELEASE ME! SET ME FREE!
A bit wound up. But now, seeing as how I’m a half a sleeve from glory, we are going to call that little stretch of misbegotten Bark “The Artistic Part.” I’m feeling pretty sturdy about this final stretch. For the moment.
Tempted to just go with a solid for the last half of the second sleeve.
I could be done in a day!