For as long as we’ve been publishing our little books about the big world of knitting, knitters have asked us to offer a subscription.
Well, the time is now.
By popular demand, we’re pleased to introduce a subscription plan for the three MDK Field Guides coming in 2020.
- Subscribers will be the first to lay eyes on each new Field Guide. No need to remember to order—Field Guides will just magically appear in your mailbox.
- Subscribing is the best way to make sure your collection of MDK Field Guides is always up to date.
- It’s a great way to support what we’re up to here at MDK: 365 days a year of Nobel-Prize-worthy content, free of ads and free of charge to all knitters.
- Field Guide No. 14 is coming soon—and it’s a beauty! Subscribe before March 30, and we’ll make sure you’ll receive it first.
- Print and digital download. Your subscription includes the print edition plus a free digital download at Ravelry—your unique download code is on the inside back cover. In addition, when you check out via your MDK account, we’ll download a digital edition to your MDK account as well.
- Subscriptions available in the U.S. only at the moment. We hope to expand this soon.
- Become a charter subscriber, and you will be on our honor roll of knitters forever.
Click here to sign up and get all the details.
A Beautiful Collection
The Field Guides are a vital part of what MDK is all about. Knitalongs, tutorials, yarn talk—each Field Guide generates a lot of fun.
With the legendary Melanie Falick as Editor and Creative Director of the series, we’ve assembled a dream team that crafts each Field Guide to showcase the best in design for handknitters.
Each Field Guide features three to five designs from an extraordinary knitting designer. No spoilers, but to get an idea of the sort of designs to expect, here’s the roster of designers who have been featured so far:
Mary Jane Mucklestone, Antonia Shankland, Ann Weaver, Véronik Avery, Michèle Rose Orne, Ann Budd, Dianna Walla, Kirsten Kapur, Sue McCain, Kay Gardiner, Cecelia Campochiaro, Amy Christoffers, Julia Farwell-Clay, Thea Colman, Norah Gaughan, Isabell Kraemer, Wendy Bernard, Jen Geigley, and Kaffe Fassett.
Build Your Collection
Just discovering MDK Field Guides?
The first 12 Field Guides are available in Trio bundles at a savings of 20%. Get your trios here.
We love hearing from you, knitting with you, laughing with you. If ever there were a time to knit on through all crises, with hope, this is it.
If you feel like hanging out, we have a new conversation started in the Lounge, “Let’s Keep Each Other Company.” Among the early posts: Jennifer’s bananas with googly eyes. This is what we all need.
Ann and Kay