OK, I’ve got Oscar jitters already and it’s only Friday. Here are some Oscar warm-up links to get you ready for the big day on Sunday.
1. Red Carpet Thunderdome: Carey Mulligan vs. Anna Kendrick.
2. Hollywood stylists are freaking out. Of course they are!
3. The annual predicting-the-winners roundup from the Times. I’m not sure I can live in a world where Sandra Bullock beats out Helen Mirren, but I have a feeling I’m going to have a long time to get used to it.
4. Burning speculation about what Tina Fey will wear, after that difficult Zac Posen Golden Globes moment.
5. I’m loving Carey Mulligan and her bony style, even though I fell asleep (fell ASLEEP!) halfway through An Education when we watched it in on our hotel TV in Chicago the other weekend when we were on our getaway. I think I had thread-count poisoning. Anyway–DO NOT TELL ME how the thing ends! When I drifted off, Peter Saarsgard was trending very low. But if anything in Hollywood is possible, it’s the turnaround redemption. He could end up being a vampire! Or she could be a MAN! Here’s Carey Mulligan in her first-ever talk show appearance, on David Letterman bless her heart. She’s great.
6. Here’s your online Oscar ballot (NYT registration required). This is the NCAA March Madness of fashion film, people. If you want to join in the Mason-Dixon Knitting Oscar Pool over there at the NY Times, email me and I’ll send you an invite to join up, so that we can compare ballots. This is what I LIVE FOR, y’all. You won’t see me arguing about Gonzaga versus U. Conn, but I will take it to the MAT about Vera Farmiga.
7. The 82nd Annual Academy Awards Oscar Bingo 2010 cards. Print ‘n’ play! “Bea Arthur appears in dead person montage”: SCORE!
8. Official 2010 Academy Awards Drinking Game. This may be the best strategy for getting through this.
Although . . .
9. If Steve Martin AND Alec Baldwin are co-hosting, this rare humor bifecta may make the thing worth it. Here’s a backstage tour of the set, which designer David Rockwell says is going to be a funnier set than last year’s. GOD THAT MAN IS A GENIUS. I cannot wait to see the extra 16 inches of smoky Swarovski crystals added to the 100,000-crystal curtain.
10. Robert Pattinson at the Oscars LAST year, because apparently he won’t be at the Oscars THIS year. Why are they even having the Oscars if he isn’t going to be there? WHAT IS THE POINT? (Free bonus: Rob up in a tree with Jimmy Fallon.)
11. I may feel the need to live-blog or live Tweet this event. Nobody else in this house will watch the Oscars with me, and I need to yell at the TV with SOMEbody. Come on . . . yell with me. I’m annshayne on Twitter.
PS Hollywood knitter Ellen has a great photo retrospective of Oscar venues at her blog here. Good luck with the gridlock, Ellen!